Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yummy Avocado

Last weekend I needed an avocado or two. I did my shopping at Reams and all of their avocados were rock hard. I was shopping on Friday and needed them for Saturday. Hmmm..what to do.

That is where friendly Mr. Produce Guy came in. He told me to put them in a paper bag with a ripe banana and they would be ripe by the next day. I was skeptical to say the least.

When I got home I realized I did not own a paper bag. At this point, I thought, well it is not really worth it and they are really hard. But, I did lay them next to the bananas overnight.

Guess what? Perfectly ripe the next day. No Kidding! What was weird is the pit was still not ripe but the avocado was.

My friend solved the amazing mystery. Apparently the gases emitted from the bananas ripen them.

That being said, I may try an experiment next time and put them next to my husband overnight.

1 comments:

Paula said...

April, you are too funny! Only you could get away saying that!