Monday, October 20, 2008

Autumn


The weather is absolutely perfect today. 70 degrees and a great breeze. I realized most people say Autumn goes too fast so I need to enjoy every moment of it.
Carson and I hung out in the backyard. Since yesterday he is becoming an avid crawler. He gets very excited about leaves, usually holding onto one for an entire day and once in a while proudly holding it up for me to see. Now that he is mobile, anything is possible in his little world.
When I brought him out back he practically flew because he was so excited about all the leaves. He grabbed one quickly into his death grip and would not let go. Then, he discovered his shadow. The more he saw his active shadow attempting to take flight by waving his arms, the more vigorously he waved. At one point, I was convinced he might go airborne.
I thought about my "career" days in my past and could not think of one day that rivaled today.
After getting out all possible energy, I laid him down for his nap. He threw his cute little bum in the air and fell fast asleep. I just went and checked on him. Clutched tightly in his left hand, one crumpled leaf.

3 comments:

Paula said...

This is a great time of year for kids. The leaves and colors are so awesome! Crawling? Yea! Can hardly wait for Friday!

Paula said...

p.s. I LOVE your brown poka dot blog!

Brit said...

April- Thank you so much for the cute Halloween card. If you made that card then I am going to start calling you Martha...Martha Stewart....I just read your last entry about carson and the leaf and it gave the me chills...you have a cute cute baby boy.