While in San Diego we went to breakfast at this awesome little cafe called Cafe 222. I highly recommend it if you are ever in San Diego...
Anyway, my favorite was their pumpkin waffles. One of the girls found the recipe. Here it is:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil for brushing waffle iron
- Accompaniment: warm pure maple syrup
- Special equipment: a waffle iron (preferably nonstick)
Preheat oven to 250°F and preheat waffle iron.
Sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, and spices.
Whisk eggs in a large bowl until blended, then whisk in milk, buttermilk, pumpkin, and butter until smooth. Whisk in dry ingredients just until smooth.
Brush waffle iron lightly with oil and spoon batter (about 2 cups for four 4-inch Belgian waffles) into waffle iron, spreading quickly. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
The restaurants website also has other delicious recipes. I think we ordered one of everything on the menu!